A couple of blog awards have come my way recently and since the requirements for them always involve sharing things about yourself, I thought it would be a great way to incorporate them into my Q&A! So some of these facts I share will just be ones I feel like sharing and others will be answers to questions.
Also from Colette, the Breathtaking Award!
And from Ellie, the Versatile Award!
Thank each of you ladies so much for these. You are all just so sweet and I love you all! Since one of the rules for accepting these awards is to share 7 things about myself… well here we go!
1. I would really like to be at the pool right now. I love summer and sunshine and the beach and laying by the pool and my tan. Oh my tan, how I miss it!
2. I was never a huge basketball fan until I started dating Christopher. Then I learned that if I wanted to see him in the Spring that I had to get used to basketball being part of our relationship. He played free play for 2 hours a day, on his social club’s team, for intramurals and in at least one league off campus most every year. He was a huge Illini fan so we watched college basketball. On top of that, we went to every one of our college’s home basketball games (girls’ and guys’ games) – in fact, just before we graduated we were both honored as leaders of the Rhodes Rowdies. So you see, if I didn’t get on the basketball train pretty quickly I wouldn’t have seen my boyfriend from January-April, haha! Currently he plays at lunch every day, at our church gym 2 days a week and then in 2 leagues. Yeah, he loves the sport.
3. I love pizza like you cannot believe. I grew up eating our homemade pizza recipe every Friday night as a kid and Christopher and I still do that today. But I really don’t discriminate – I will eat pizza from most anywhere. Sad story: this whole deal with my body deciding it doesn’t like dairy means I can’t eat pizza unless I make it at home with my soy cheese. I mean, my homemade pizza is definitely my favorite anyway, but it’s sad not to be able to eat pizza whenever I want. I mean, we work with teens. Teens = Pizza.
4. I don’t think I could pick out my favorite movies because I like so many, but I can certainly talk about genres! I refuse to watch scary, horror, suspense or thriller type movies. You think I’m kidding? Even the non-animated Scooby Doo made me nervous for a little bit. Oh yeah, it’s bad, haha! If I just hear absolute rave reviews about a movie that I know will be sad (aka Boy in the Striped Pajamas or Gladiator, etc) I’ll watch it. Usually the story makes up for the fact that it makes me so sad. But! In general, I’m a comedy/romance (or romantic comedy) kinda girl. There is so much pain and sadness in real life – I see hurting people who are struggling with so much every day, so when I sit down to watch a movie, I want it to make me smile. (Vixter, that should answer your question the types of movies I like).
5. I love Panera. Their bagels are so incredibly deliciously fabulous! Oooh yeah!
6. Most of you know from my “Say What?!” post that I limit my sugar and caffeine intake. I can, however, have fruit! I’m not sure if I can have agave or date syrup since I had never heard of either of those things 6 years ago when I found out about this, though. I spent a little bit of time googling it, but it’s pretty inconclusive. Definitely a question I would have to ask my doctor. I know I cannot have honey, molasses, or sugarcane, but I’m not sure beyond that. Oh! And I can have decaf tea or coffee, but only in limited amounts since even decaffeinated tea/coffee still has some caffeine in it. (Emma and Elle that should answer your questions).
7. I host a princess party twice a year (once in the summer, once in the winter) for the teen girls I work with. It is so much fun and I love every minute of it!
So, I know that I’m supposed to tag people in this to pass these awards on, but you guys, I gotta admit… I don’t think I can do it. This is such a fun thing and I’m so honored to have been picked, but I hate to pick people and end up making someone else feel discluded. That probably sounds ridiculous, but I just would so hate to hurt anyone’s feelings. So… since this is my blog and I make up the rules… I am officially tagging every person who comments on this post. So, there you have it… Tag. You’re it!