Tomorrow is Valentine’s and I have two exciting dessert recipes to share with you guys! One is super simple and quick while the other takes a bit more work, but both are certainly delicious and worth making!
First up, we have an easy peasy lemon squeezy recipe! I give you Mini Pie Pears from Share My Kitchen! This is so easy and super adorable. I made these for my family when Ding Jing came to visit last week and then again on Thursday for my girls. Everyone raved about them!
Mini Pear Pies
3 medium sized, firm pears
1 (7 oz) ready made refrigerated pie crust
2 tsp sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Peel the pears, cut them in halves and remove the seeds and stems. Hollow out the interior a bit to form a wider notch to fill later. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and arrange pear halves, open side down.
2. Cut six rectangles out of the pie crust and cover each pear half. Using a sharp knife, cut the excess, being sure the entire pear is covered. Cut slits or designs into the pastry dough. Sprinkle cinnamon-sugar mixture over the dough.
3. Bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool for a few minutes. Fill the cavity of the pear with ice cream and serve!
And from Chocolate Covered Katie, I give you Chocolate-Strawberry Truffle Pie made in a Hot Chocolate Crust. She’s called “chocolate covered Katie” for a reason! I’ll be honest with you, this recipe took some time to make. I’m pretty sure it would be simple in a Vitamix, but I have a Ninja which is normally pretty amazing, but it definitely took some time to get everything all blended together. And then I had to waaaaaait for it to freeze, haha! But my dear friends, once it was finally all frozen and put together… so very deliciously delicious! I definitely have had to have a glass of almond milk with each slice of pie so far because it’s so delightfully rich!
Chocolate Strawberry Truffle Pie in Hot Chocolate Crust
1 cup walnuts
1 1/3 cup pitted dates
1 tsp vanilla extract
4 tbsp cocoa powder
2 1/2 cups strawberries
1/4 cup + 2 tbsp cocoa powder
1 1/2 cups cashews
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup virgin coconut oil
6 stevia packets
5 tbsp water
1. Blend all ingredients for crust together. Press dough down firmly into a pie pan.
2. In a bowl, cover cashews with water and let sit at least four hours. Then drain. Combine all pie ingredients into blender and blend until super smooth. Pour into pie crust and freeze at least 1 hour before serving.
Aaaand finally, my sweet husband brought me a little bit of sunshine last week:
Happy almost Valentine’s Day, friends!