You guys made Christopher feel so special with all your sweet comments yesterday, thanks! 🙂
So it’s snowing again. And yesterday I drove in the snow for my very first time. Wanna see?
And now it’s cold again. Even inside our house. Poor Oreo with all his short fur is so cold. This morning Christopher called me into the living room and said, “Look at Oreo!” I looked and this is what I saw:
Some of you may know this about me, but for those who don’t, let me tell you: I don’t like the cold. I’d live on a beach with endless summer if I could. I particularly miss the sunshine this time of year. My very sweet husband knows this. And he also knows I love Gerbera Daisies. Yesterday when he got off work early (because of the snow) he brought home a surprise for me…
Since it’s recipe day, I decided it was finally time to share my version of Lisa’s Cheerio Muffins!
2 cups Cheerios*
3/4 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup of whole wheat flour
1/3 cup packed brown sugar**
1 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp baking soda
1 cup mashed very ripe bananas (2-3 medium)
2/3 cup buttermilk***
2 tablespoons canola oil****
2 egg whites
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease or place liners in a 12 count muffin pans
2. Place Cheerios in a ziploc baggie and gently roll a roll pin over the bag to reduce the amount of Cheerios to 1 1/2 cups. (You are barely breaking up the Cheerios, so I’m sure pounding them would okay too. Just make sure you don’t make them too crumbly)
3. In a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients: Cheerios, flours, brown sugar, baking soda, and baking powder. Stir in the wet ingredients until just moistened.
4. Divide batter into the 12 muffin cups. Top each muffin with a couple of Cheerios.
5. Bake for 18-22 minutes, until a toothpick comes clean.
6. Let stand for two minutes, and then remove from the pan and move to cooling rack.