You may not be wondering about Carmen, but I’m sure some of you are wondering why my updates have been infrequently lately. Well, here are just a few things going on lately.
1. 3 day weekend away from home
2. Tony closed on his house and moved out. Oreo misses him already.
3. Started a new job (so no more blogging while Little Girl naps in the afternoon). I have SO much to write about this, but today’s update is going to be short and sweet so I’ll save it for another time.
4. Went through our entire house and sorted through things for a yard sale (this was a huge project – we’ve been up laaaate several nights this week doing this).
5. Christopher has been running a basketball league on Thursdays from 5:30-10:30 at the outreach center we volunteer at. And he’s also playing in it. So being the good wife that I am, I’m there to support him/help out.
6. Finalize plans/prepare for the Princess Party (which is TONIGHT!)
7. Continue working on the fence with every spare daylight moment
8. Working on the first draft of a project (more details on this later)
9. Fix some tasty food:
Recipe for BLTs (yeah, this is an old recipe, but it’s still tasty!)
Sloppy Joes from Skinny Taste (if you guys haven’t checked out her blog yet, you need to!)
Skinny Sloppy Joes
1 lb ground turkey
1 tbsp seasoned salt
1 cup carrot, minced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp red wine vinegar
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2 cups tomato sauce
2 tbsp tomato paste
1. Chop all the vegetables really fine, using a chopper or food processor.
2. Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the meat to the pan and break it up as it cooks. Season with seasoned salt and cook the meat until it browns, then add onion, garlic, and carrots to the skillet.
3. Reduce heat to medium and add red wine vinegar and Worcestershire sauce, cook 5 more minutes. Add tomato sauce and paste to pan, stir to combine.
4. Cover and reduce heat to simmer and cook an additional 5 minutes. Serve on whole wheat kaiser buns.
Recipe slightly adapted from Skinny Taste
Recipe for Zucchini Casserole (also from Skinny Taste!)
So as you guys can imagine, I’m pretty overwhelmed right now. Just lots and lots going on. But you know what brought a smile to my face this week despite all the stress and busy-ness? When Christopher brought home these: