It gets dark at 5 o’clock.
This is a problem when you need nice natural light pouring in your kitchen for good quality photos of food.
I think I need to build a light box.
But until then, you guys will just have to forgive me for the less-than-stellar photos of food.
Speaking of… how about a photo of some Braided Spaghetti Bread?
Braided Spaghetti Bread
1 loaf frozen bread dough, thawed
6 oz spaghetti, cooked
1 1/2 cups thick spaghetti sauce
6 oz mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/2 –inch cubes
1 egg white
1. Spray counter lightly with non-stick cooking spray. Roll loaf into 12×16-inch rectangle. Cover with plastic wrap and let rest 10-15 minutes.
2. Cook spaghetti according to package instructions. Drain and let cool slightly. Mix with sauce.
3. Remove wrap from dough. Place spaghetti lengthwise in a 4-inch strip down center of dough. Top cheese cubes.
4. Make cuts 1 1/2-inches apart on long sides of dough to within 1/2-inch of filling. Begin braid by folding top and bottom strips toward filling. Then braid strips left over right, right over left. Finish by pulling last strip over and tucking under braid. Lift braid with both hands and place on a large, sprayed baking sheet. Brush with egg white and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, parsley, and garlic salt.
5. Bake at 350°F 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool slightly and slice to serve.