<scroll down for White Chicken Enchilada Recipe>
Last week was great, but also exhausting. Sunday afternoon I made some time for a nap! And since my husband apparently thinks I look precious when I sleep, he snapped this shot:
Speaking of Oreo… I made him a collar out of hemp! He is so hipster!
In other news, you guys have seen that pin on Pinterest for the best white chicken enchiladas, right? In case you haven’t, here’s a direct link to the recipe on Joyful Momma’s Kitchen. 🙂 We made them and you guys, they are pretty much amazing.
White Chicken Enchiladas
1 medium onion, diced
1 tbsp olive oil
10 soft taco shells
2 lbs chicken, cooked and shredded
2 cups Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
3 tbsp butter
3 tbsp flour
2 cups chicken broth
1 cup sour cream
1 (4 oz) can diced green chilies
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9×13 pan.
2. Saute onion in olive oil until translucent then toss shredded chicken into the pan with the onion for 1-2 minutes. Add 1 cup cheese and mix together. Remove from heat.
3. In a sauce pan, melt butter, stir in flour and cook 1 minute. Add broth and whisk until smooth. Heat over medium heat until thick and bubbly.
4. While sauce is cooking, evenly distribute chicken mixture into tortillas, roll them up, and place in pan.
5. Stir in sour cream and chilies into soup mixture. Do not bring to boil, you don’t want curdled sour cream. Pour over enchiladas and top with remaining cheese.