Thanks for all the sweet words on my last post! I am SO excited about my new job and am so thankful for what a blessing it is! 🙂
This week for Thursday night dinner with my girls I made an old favorite of ours. Pizza Pasta. Pasta + Cheese + Pepperoni = Win. 😉
1 lb ground beef
½ onion, diced
12 oz spiral pasta, cooked and drained
¼ lb sliced pepperoni
1 (24 oz) jar spaghetti sauce
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion. Drain off fat. Add sauce and cooked pasta.
2. Transfer to greased 13×9 casserole dish. Sprinkle with cheese. Arrange pepperoni on top.
3. Cover with alumunim foil and bake at 350 for 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake another 5-10 minutes or until cheese is hot and bubbly.
Recipe from my mom, Pam M.
I also made Jenny’s One Hour Rolls. AH-MAZING! And so simple. They taste like Sister Schubert rolls. So very yummy. My girls demolished these! I will absolutely, most definitely be making them again! For step-by-step directions, check out Jenny’s original post here.
Jenny’s One Hour Rolls
1 cup warm water
1/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup oil
2 tbsp yeast
1 tsp salt
1 egg, beaten
3 1/3 cup flour
1. In a KitchenAid mixer bowl, mix together warm water, sugar, oil, and yeast. Let stand for 15 minutes until yeast mixture is bubbly.
2. Stir in salt and beaten egg to yeast mixture.
3. Gradually add flour. Dough will be kind of sticky, but add enough flour until it’s manageable. Let dough rest in the KitchenAid bowl for 10 minutes.
4. Spray hands with non-stick cooking spray and form dough into balls. Place balls so they don’t touch on a cookie sheet (18″ x 26″ pan). Let rise for 20 minutes.
5. Bake in a 375 degree oven for 10 minutes.
In other news, tonight is pizza & movie night! Oreo was helping me make the pizza dough earlier (aka he got in the way right when a huge POOF of flour rained down on him)…