Rosemary Olive Oil Bread
1 cup warm water
1 tbsp sugar
2 tsp active dry yeast
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped (or 2 tsp dried)
1/4 tsp Italian seasoning
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
1/2 cup bread flour + extra for kneading
1 egg, whisked + 1 tbsp water, for egg wash
dried rosemary, for sprinkling
1. In a large bowl, combine the warm water, sugar, and yeast. Let sit 10 minutes to proof.
2. Stir in the salt, rosemary, seasonings, olive oil, and whole wheat flour. Add the bread flour and stir until the dough forms a ball. Knead on a lightly floured surface for about 5 minutes, adding more flour as necessary to prevent sticking, until smooth.
3. Place the dough in a lightly greased bowl; cover; and let rise until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
4. Punch down the dough and form it into a round loaf. Place it on a cornmeal dusted pizza peel or parchment paper; cover; and let rise until doubled in size, about 45 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, preheat oven (and pizza stone) to 400 F. Once the dough has risen, gently brush the top with egg wash and sprinkle with dried rosemary.
6. Bake on preheated stone for 20-25 minutes until the top is golden brown and sounds hollow when tapped.
Makes 1 round loaf.
Yesterday before we went yard saling, Whitney (one of my besties) introduced me to the skinny cinnamon dolce latte at Starbucks. Um… amazing. I mean, granted I have mine decaf and with soy, but still! So good! So good in fact that she and I are buying a bottle of the sugar free cinnamon dolce syrup so we can make them at home! YAY!