Loved all the feedback from the video yesterday! It’s easy for me to forget that I’m a fast talker until someone points it out to me again. I want you guys to know that I made a great effort to slow myself down for that video, but sometimes when I get chatty, it’s hard for me to slow down! Haha! And a couple of you were surprised not by accent, but by tone. The first time someone pointed this out to me was only a couple of years ago and I was really surprised. But when I stopped to think about my singing vocal range – it’s true. I’m a solid alto without much range, ha! So it would make sense that my speaking voice wouldn’t be high pitched either. But it’s fun to hear what people who have “known” you (via blogging) for so long think when they first hear your voice! I’m looking forward to seeing you guys’ videos! 🙂
Okies, subject change!
This past weekend, Christopher and I tackled the next step in renovating a random bonus room into a fabulous living space! We started last November by breaking up the tile, pouring concrete, and leveling the floor! Then the holidays came and we got busy and forgot about this project. Then spring arrived and we re-did our front yard. Then it was summer and we were like “oh my gracious, we need to actually finish this room!” Ha! So we worked on it this weekend!
We started by prepping the floors on Friday night (2 hours worth of “prepping!”). Then early Saturday morning (we began at 6:30am!) we went over it again and cleaned it a second time just to be sure that our stain would take well! It was exhausting work, but it will all be worth it in the end!
Oreo couldn’t be in the room with us while we were working because he definitely would not have stayed out of the way (plus there were a lot of chemicals in there – don’t worry we wore respirator masks when using the chemicals!). So I set up his bed by the window so he could watch us work. He was not impressed to be locked out, but at least he could keep an eye on us and do his guard dog thing. 😉 Oh, and yes, we have a window here because this room we’re working on used to be a backyard patio that the previous owners enclosed.
Neutralizing the acid stain. As a side note: there’s nothing dangerous in the room at this point – we were wearing boots when there were chemicals flying around. We definitely didn’t want to risk acid burns!
We still have more work to do to finish up the floor and then we need to take care of the mold on the back wall that we discovered after taking down drywall. That will be the next step in this room (and we have SO much more to do to finish it up). I’ll keep you guys updated as the room comes along! 🙂