We just got back from Destin. And it was lovely. So lovely. We went with our friends Brodie & Lyndal just like we did this time last year and we had a wonderful time!
Things I want to remember:
– All the delicious seafood!
– Long walks on the beach (I’m not kidding about “long” – Christopher and I walked 30,000+ steps on both Saturday & Sunday!)
– How incredible Mimmo’s Italian Restaurant was (review & pictures here)!
– Listening to comedians on the car ride (Brian Regan always makes me laugh)
– Coloring (adult coloring books for the win!)
– Communion on the balcony with Brodie & Lyndal
– Soaking up the sun
– McGuires – oh, how we love McGuires (previously blogged about here – we have eaten here every year since 2012 with the exception of 2013 when we went to Italy and didn’t travel much else that year. They make a GREAT steak!)
– The perfect weather. It was 80 degrees, full sun, and breezy. Perfect beach weather. I didn’t break a sweat once!
It was a great sort of getaway. 🙂