Last week I shared with you guys our favorite all around pancake recipe. But through all that research we discovered that the Pioneer Woman’s Pancakes were incredible when you added chocolate chips to them. They are a bit too rich for just a normal stack of pancakes (or even blueberry ones), but when you add chocolate chips to them, they are awesome! Like eating dessert. YUM!
Pioneer Woman’s Chocolate Chip Pancakes
1 1/2 cups plus 1 tbsp Cake Flour
1 1/2 tbsp baking powder
1 tbsp sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup milk
1 large egg, beaten
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
2 tbsp butter, melted
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
1. Mix together dry ingredients in large bowl.
2. Mix together milk, eggs, and vanilla in a separate bowl.
3. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients, stirring very gently until just combined.
4. Melt butter and add it to the batter, stirring gently to combine. Stir in more milk if needed for thinning. Add chocolate chips and mix until just combined.
5. Cook on a greased skillet over medium-low heat until golden brown. Serve with butter and pure maple syrup.
Ah, delicious! Thanks for putting up with all of my random recipe posts lately. My family thinks this is my way of nesting – trying to figure out the BEST recipes since I know I won’t have tons of time to be trying out different recipes with a newborn. You know, they might be on to something… 🙂